Sunday, March 14, 2010

Appreciating Feeling Better


Do you know the feeling that you get when you get well after being sick?

I feel much more appreciative of being able to breathe freely after suffering from a bad head cold, or being able to enjoy a good meal after recovering from a bout of stomach flu.

Since breaking my right hand in early February, I have had to cope for the first time in my life with a longer term impairment. This gives me a renewed appreciation of simple things as I am starting to regain functionality.


I'm even enjoying doing some tasks that I previously considered bothersome chores.

This morning, I actually enjoyed washing the breakfast dishes, feeling the warm, soapy water running over both hands.

Even managed to help prepare dinner tonight. Mostly using my left hand, but with a little help from my right. And I enjoyed doing it.

Not to mention the fact that it is so much easier to eat now that I can hold a fork in my right hand.


Still have a lot of work to do to get the hand fully operational. But it helps to see some progress.


What about you? Have you ever felt this way yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment