Thursday, March 18, 2010

Walking in Half Moon Bay






Taking a walk almost always makes me feel better. Particularly when the sun is shining and the weather is temperate – not too hot and not too cold. And I’m fortunate to live in beautiful northern California, an area blessed with lots of days just like that. One advantage of not being able to work just yet is that I get to spend a lot of time outdoors.

Yesterday, Micha got an urge to go to the seashore, so we headed over to Half Moon Bay. It was a lot cooler and breezier over there than it had been in Palo Alto, but we were prepared with sweaters and jackets. Luckily, it wasn’t foggy.

We lived in this area for twenty years before my friend Hanna introduced me to this ridge. Now, it’s one of my favorite spots--with the surf pounding against the rocks below, the fog horns blowing in the distance, and the wildflowers surrounding the trail. Different flowers pop up at different times of year. I don't know their names. One of the many things I could add to the list of things that I should take the time to learn. Yesterday, the most abundant flowers were yellow. I'll post some pictures and maybe one of you can tell me their name.

1 comment: