Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rivers and Lakes



No, we haven't gone sightseeing in the area. But after multiple days of rain, there are rivers of water flowing down the streets. And puddles that seem large as lakes. Luckily, I did bring a sturdy pair of shoes unlike one of the other hapless students at our school who thought she could make do with two pairs of sandals. But I would have preferred to wear a pair of old fashioned rubber galoshes like I used to have when I was a kid. And a slicker and big rubber hat -- like fishermen wear. Yes, that would have been the perfect style for this weather.

After class, we stopped at a little bakery close to the school to buy a fresh loaf of bread and then headed home. We were indecisive about whether it would be better to try to catch a taxi to get out of the rain or walk by a store that we thought might have a cable for my camera to upload pictures. We decided to walk, since the store is on the way to our home. But it turned out they didn't have a cable. So we got soaked for nothing.

Not willing to give up, I asked Micha to take a couple of photos with my android phone when I came in. I'll upload those to give you some idea of what's going on. You can also see a little bit of our cheerfully decorated apartment in the background.

I don't think you will be able to tell from the photo, but my jeans were soaked all the way to my knees. So I slipped into my pajama bottoms and threw the jeans back in the dryer.

Made a good vegetarian pasta for lunch--with a little onion, some local peppers and tomatoes from our grocery shopping the other day. The apartment has a well stocked spice shelf that we are welcome to use. So we had a nice lunch with the pasta, the fresh bread and cheese.

Now it's time to do some homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment