Monday, February 1, 2010

Time For Me

I've got a whole month ahead of me with hardly any obligations to anyone but myself. No job. Not even any babysitting for my adorable grandson, Gali. It's just me and Micha here in San Miguel de Allende.

Lots of people have asked me to write about what I'm doing and seeing here. I did update my status in Facebook, but the word limit didn't allow me to write very much. I also sent email to my immediate family. But that leaves a whole lot of family members and friends that I'm not communicating with at all. And I promised I would.

So I figure that it's about time I started a blog. I've published a number of travel stories on www.tangodiva.com. But never set up a blog of my own. Let's see how this goes.

We arrived in San Miguel last night after a long day of travel. I had reserved a shuttle with the same service (info@viajessanmiguel.com) that I used during our first visit to San Miguel last August. It's about 1 1/2 hours from the Leon airport to San Miguel. One of our fellow passengers is going to be presenting a mini-workshop at the Writers Conference that I'll be attending later this month. Her name is Stephanie Bennett Vogt and I've started reading about her on the web, fist on the conference website and then in her blog (http://www.spaceclear.com/index.html). I'm definitely intrigued by what she has to say. I'd like to try some her techniques for clearing space in my home and in my life. Actually, I think that's another reason that I decided the time has come to start a blog.

OK. So this is just about the genesis of my blog. Next time I'll write something about San Miguel.

No comments:

Post a Comment